Newberry Country is an equestrian’s dream! Easy to difficult, you can find many trails to discover the back country.
All trails listed are in National Forests. Certified feed is required. Certified feed may be purchased at La Pine Feed & Pet Supply, 16565 Reed Road, La Pine, Deschutes National Forest
High Lakes Loop
1. Newberry Crater Area: 9 trails and Chief Paulina Horse Camp
2. Cultis Lake Area: 6 trails and Cultis Horse Camp
3. Diamond Peak Wilderness Area: 15 trails and Whitefish Horse Camp
Crater Lake Loop
4. Collier Memorial State Park: 4 trails and Collier Horse Camp
5. Digit Point Campground: 2 trails that lead into the Mt. Thielson Wilderness. Crosses the Pacific Crest Trail.
High Desert Loop
6. Silver Creek Marsh Area: 2 trails and equestrian camp sites at Silver Creek Marsh Campground, some with corrals
7. Paisley area: Chewaucan Crossing Campground: How many spaces and trails?
8. Government Harvey area: 2 trails and campsites at Hanan/Sycan Campground